Thursday, June 2, 2016

Transformation Thursday - Keep Pushing Yourself

I am a firm believer that if you stay in your comfort zone you will not continue to achieve and learn. That doesn't mean being comfortable is a bad thing but when you push yourself you can really see how far you can go. This is true with work, school, hobbies, fitness, whatever your passion is. I am stepping out of my comfort zone today to share a little bit about my fitness journey thus far.
When I started at the Cleveland Clinic is January 2009 I was encouraged to stay fit for insurance incentives. That got me moving and eating better. I maintained a healthy weight for years and at one point was in pretty good shape! Thanks to my fitness friends who kept me moving (Mindy, Ashley, Adrianna, and Carrie). I love that the Clinic encourages these healthy choices and this too has been another motivator of mine in addition to so many others. 

Well as life happens I lost track of those goals at the end of 2014 and into 2015 - as a result I packed on 30 lbs! Let me tell you at 5 ft and 3/4 inches that is a lot of weight and I felt like shit. I honestly just stopped caring about it all together. I reverted back to bad eating habits like those past 5 years were nothing. It is so easy to go back to old habits and thought of starting all over was exhausting! It took me almost a year to really say ok enough is enough Nik, put down the pasta! Get off your ass and do something. So in October 2015 I started joining these free clean eating groups with my coach Lindsay Coco. It was fun and I lost here and there but through the holidays I failed again. I have used Beachbody (BB) products in the past and have always had good results so when they launched the Master Hammer and Chisel program in January 2016 I jumped on it! Best choice I made in a while. Through the 60 day program I lost 8lbs and 8ish inches. 

I continued to stay in the challenge groups until April and I thought I need to step it up again because summer is coming and boating is not forgiving on the diet. I needed something to hold me accountable again. So I decided to become a BB coach. I really wanted to not only hold myself accountable but help others that have been in the same situation as me. I have steeped way outside of my comfort zone with posting workouts, looking like a fool but having fun altogether. Sooooo staying in that mindset I wanted to share my Transformation Thursday publicly which I have not done since I started this journey many months ago. 

I have lost 15 lbs and 9.75 inches. I didn't feel like that was a lot until I looked back at the pictures. If you want to jump on this journey with me, I would love to help you! This month BB is having some sales on the 21 Day Fix program which really is a great start! The 21 Day Fix Extreme for you more advanced peeps is also on sale. Feel free to PM me on Facebook, comment below or email me at fennellfit@gmail.com  The June Challenge Group starts June 20th! 

***Side note my husband didn't even know he was working the clean eating program with me and he has lost 35 lbs since January.*** He quit the junk, eats clean for the most part, and has a job where he is pretty active. I even got him to eat a guacamole turkey burger, no bun last week! I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment