Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Easy Healthy Chicken Recipes: Works with 21 Day Fix


21 day fix is going well. The weekend was a little rough but I was able to get my workouts in and I have lost a few inches throughout. I will post the final results at the end of the 21 days. 

I wanted to share some recipes I have tried out that are pretty good. I am not a fan of chicken but I know it is good for me sooooo I am trying to find inventful ways of cooking it. 

Spicy Hawaiian Chicken Burgers

I got the recipe from a blog called The Girl Who Eats Everything.  I made this a little more healthy and 21 day fix approved by using a wheat bun, adding hot sauce to the burgers (just a couple dashes), and cutting the portion to meet the required amounts for the program. The recipe offered good flavor and the burgers stayed together without breadcrumbs or eggs. The link is below for the full recipe. 



http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2013/06/spicy-hawaiian-chicken-burgers.html

Miles Framers Market Chicken

Ok, this is the easiest recipe ever! A friend of mine made this one night. My husband and I both loved it. I tried to do the same and it didn't taste right...I said what am I doing wrong? She said the secret is to get the chicken from Miles Framers Market (Solon, OH)! Holy crap  she was right! We have been doing this most of the summer as it is easy and both my husband and I love it. You can get any chicken from Miles. I have done this with chicken breasts, bone in chicken, whatever...just season with sea salt/kosher salt (just a little), pepper (add to taste) and fresh lemon juice (one whole lemon). Grill it or bake it at 350*F for 45 minutes. So juicy and delicious! I don't think it needs any sauce but sometimes if we want a little extra flavor Jason, my husband, uses Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce or our homemade sauce, for 21 day fix I use hot sauce, again just a couple of dashes. 

Enjoy! More to come in the following weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment