Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Crock Pot Portobella Chicken

I attempted a new recipe a couple of weeks ago and it turned out great, simple, healthy and delicious.  I was looking to make something different but use what I had in my fridge. So here is what I came up with:

Crock Pot Portobella Chicken 

Ingredients:

Two Chicken Breasts (Fat Cut off, of course)
1 Cup of Brown Rice
Feta Cheese (Add as preferred, usually 3 oz is enough)
Portobella Mushrooms (half a container)
1/4 a bottle of Italian dressing
16 oz Water
How to make:

Marinate the chicken over night in a 1/4 bottle of Italian dressing or whatever your favorite marinade is. Place chicken with dressing in a crock pot the next morning. Add the 16 oz of water or fill the crock pot to half full. Use half a container of portobella mushrooms. I like to slice them before putting them in the pot. Then sprinkle the feta cheese over the chicken. You can add as preferred. I used whatever was left in the container about 3 ounces. Let it cook on slow while you are at work or 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken and serve over brown rice with some of the juices. 





It is healthy, tasty, easy, and amazinggggg!!!

I didn't take any pics this time but wanted to add an image for pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment